Are you a job-seeker looking for the perfect job opportunity? You must have experienced attending a job-interview. The most common question asked during an interview is, “Tell me about yourself.” Do you know how to answer this basic yet important question? JobMindz.com, India’s First Location Based Job Search Portal is guiding with few suggestions about the above commonly used question.
How to respond to Tell Me About Yourself?
- First and foremost you are supposed to keep your reply as brief as possible i.e. not less than 60 seconds but not more than 2 minutes. As this is just the beginning of an interview so as a result you have ample opportunity in order to present relevant information later on.
- You need to write your answer and also rehearse it until it sounds natural and unrehearsed.
- You should be aware of your body language. You might be surprised to know that the keen interviewers judge you by eyeballing you and also by listening to what you say.
- Your reply should consist of the following traits that the interviewers look for like professionalism, enthusiasm and confidence.
- It is very important to present yourself in a positive yet humble way and by avoid sounding cocky, negative etc.
- Once you’re done, you shall politely throw the ball back into the interviewer’s court keeping you on a moral equal footing as the interview process move forward.
What exactly interviewers want to hear?
You need to follow these guidelines to respond to “Tell Me About Yourself” in a very positive and confident way.
- You are supposed to give a brief introduction about your experience and education.
- You need to showcase your key strengths as they relate to the job role you’re interviewing for.
- The interviewers would like to view your relevant past accomplishments which demonstrates your understanding of what is required to be accomplished in the position you’re competing for also your track record success in this field
- They would want to see how you see yourself contributing in the job-role you’re applying for.
For more information visit: www.jobmindz.com or give a missed call to 080-68180777.