‘Social Recruiting’ –The Easiest Way Of Hiring – Job Mindz
The process of recruiting candidates by using various social platforms as talent databases. It uses multiple media profiles, blogs and other internet sites in order to find information about the desiring candidates.
What is Social Recruitment?
The process of advertising jobs through HR vendors or through crowdsourcing where by job seekers and the recruiters share their job openings within their online social networks. In May 2013, Maximum Employment Marketing Group released the Social Recruitment Monitor which gives a platform to the employers to engage with the desired candidates giving value to their efforts on a social platform around the globe.
It can also be called as social hiring and social media recruitment. Social media platforms like Twitter and LinkedIn are used to communicate with potential recruits about the culture of the company. It is proved to be a successful recruiting strategy.
How to get started using Social Recruiting for hiring:
- The first step is to create a social media account in definite to recruit with.
- The employees shall involve in sharing posts on social media.
- LinkedIn can be used to find potential recruits.
- Instagram can be used to share photos of the employer’s brand.
- The audience can be studied using Facebook.
The Companies which have nailed Social Media for Recruitment:
- UPS – This Company has used Twitter and Facebook to reveal its unique value proposition for employees. Social Media was used by them to reach out to a broader group of applicant.
- Disney – It used Twitter to showcase the fantasy associated with the company and also gave a glimpse of the working ambience. The desired applicant could find in the company’s social content that as an employee he could follow his passion while working and Disney will support them in the best possible way.
- Atlantic Business Technologies – This Company has used Twitter with an unique strategy to reach out to its applicants. Its strategy for Twitter is the most developed one. The recruiters focus specifically on getting others to retweet posts about open positions. As retweeting generates more exposure.
- Marriott – This Company is doing multiple things with its career page on Facebook. Candidates queries are answered very quickly in ‘Career Chats’ hosted by the company.
The Big Three:
- Facebook – With almost 2 billion monthly active users, it is the largest social networking platform in the world. Regardless of every age group, gender and ethnicity it provides every job seeker to interact with the brands they are interested in. It offers a ‘Job Openings’ tab right from their profile so that the desired candidates can visit and have a look at it.
- Twitter – It is a massive micro blogging site with 310 million monthly active users. You have to minimize your words without detracting from your message, you will have to tweet. ‘Twitter Cards’ can be created to attach rich photos and videos.
- LinkedIn – It is considered as the world’s largest professional network and also most frequently visited social media platform for recruitment. Any Company can maintain a high profile relationship with both active and passive candidates.
The Three Alternatives:
- YouTube – It helps in broadcasting your brand. It has over a billion active users and it is the best platform where the employees can speak to company culture and give a detail description about the work culture.
- Google+ – It is one of the under-utilized recruiting social site where jobs are shared 182 percent of the time. It also offers a built – in talent pool feature, circles which allow recruiters to create some groups filled with candidates in specific sectors and target specific content towards.
- Instagram – It is a highly engaging way to promote a brand along with pictures, videos and text captions appealing to the youthful generation of job seekers.
As a recruiter you will want to hire the most qualified, talented and largest pool of applicants. Also as a candidate you will want to be hired by the top brands or companies. ‘Social Recruiting’ works exactly as the connecting platform of the two i.e. the recruiter and the candidate. No doubt through ‘Social Media’, the process of recruitment takes time and efforts but it’s an investment for a longer – term benefits for a company. In today’s world recruitment through social platform is one of the latest trend followed and also beneficial both for the recruiter and the candidate.
Get Your Dream job at JobMindz.com
To Get Your Dream Job Visit:
Download JobMindz App From: