Do You Want To Crack A Group Discussion And Grab A Job?- JobMindz
As a youth, it has become one of the top priority to get the ideal job of your wish. But is it easy? Certainly, not. So, folks pull up your socks and get ready to get into this real challenge to follow your dream job. You all know that in order to get hired in a reputed company you have to go through some certain stages of the interview process. One of such a stage is the ‘Group Discussion’.
It has become as the first criteria for screening the candidates for face-to-face interviews conducted by the companies. Two important reasons for conducting a group discussion can be firstly, it can be used for mass elimination and secondly, it’s selection criteria is based on actual company requirements.
Group Discussion can be an excellent way to showcase your knowledge in current trends and topics happening around the globe. A famous saying by Dalai Lama- “When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.” This statement reveals the secret to succeed a group discussion.
Some of the basic ideas to crack a group discussion I would like to share:
It is practically not possible to have knowledge regarding each and every single topic around you. If you witness a situation in a GD where you have no idea about the topic, all you need to do is stay calm and do not panic.
- The elements upon whom you will be judged in a GD are about how to react to a given situation with proper understanding. Skills like communication and problem solving will be seen closely.
- The topic will certainly be known to some of the candidates in and out. So, don’t rush up to the discussion. Stay calm and listen to the candidates and get an idea about the topic. This indeed will help you to a great extent.
- After having an idea about the topic but also left less time to get into the discussion you should make sure that you start with good and relevant points.
- Not letting anyone takeover, take a delightful entry not taking anyone’s side, express your view and speak up with your heart and soul.
- Try to be a leader making sure that the discussion doesn’t go out of text.
- Keeping an eye contact while speaking is a must.
- You should also allow others to speak so that the competition can be a fair one.
- Try to speak in a very simple and understandable way. Talking in an aggressive manner or trying to disagree with others is not a healthy way to be a part of a GD.
- Having a positive attitude is the most important key to succeed a GD. Be confident without dominating anyone.
Group Discussion does not need extensive data to be presented as it is mostly opinion based. So, keeping calm and trying to express yourself clearly and in a bold manner you should try to grab the attention of the interviewers towards you. If you succeed in following the above discussed ideas certainly you can succeed in cracking a GD and move a step ahead towards your dream job.