Who Cares What Your Status is on LinkedIn? JobMindz
Your network wants to be given an opportunity to clap for you!
That’s why you should be updating your status every 24-48 hours.
- Your network wants to know how your jobsearch is progressing
- Your network wants to know the type of companies with whom you’re interviewing
- Your network wants to know the executives with whom you’re interviewing
- Your network wants to know the techniques you’re using to generate job leads and referrals
They want to hear about the silly interview questions you’ve been asked, the most intelligent questions, the ones that were easy and ones that stumped you.
Your Network Wants to Be Able to Support You in Your Job Search.
If they don’t know what you’re doing, how could they possibly support you?
Status updates are the amazing simple short statements about what you’re doing that you feel is important to share with your network. You have 140 characters to type a status update.
Each time you type a status update, everyone in your network will see it on their home screen when they view network status updates.
This is one of the most powerful tools LinkedIn offers and yet, very few net-workers use it – forget effectively – they don’t bother to update their status at all – what a waste of a free networking tool.
I am a master networker. Many of you know that I am a LinkedIn Networking Expert. I teach and coach networking to some of the most successful coaches, CEOs, Presidents, and senior executives.
How does a master net-worker and LinkedIn Networking Expert use status updates in social networking?
SECRET HINT: Think of your status updates as frequent alerts to keep your network aware of what you’re doing, how it might impact them personally, and as a “marketing” tool to keep your “brand” in a top-of-mind presence with them every single time they log onto LinkedIn.
Every day or two,
I take a moment and I type a short statement about something I think a large portion of my network on LinkedIn might like to hear about.
- Have I just written an interesting new blog post
- Have I just attended a life-altering workshop on self-motivation
- Did I just read a passage from Daniel Pink’s new book, Linchpin, that I wanted to share before I forget it
Are the 3 ideas I got out of Leveraging LinkedIn in your job search valuable to share with others?
For More Information Visit:
Or Download The App: